Training Options and Fees
Face-to-face Training: This is the most popular option for personal care training where the trainers can easily adapt to the knowledge/attitude practice of particular groups of staff in each care home/service. This is often the best option for interaction and engagement amongst the staff and with the trainers. On-site training can take place at end shift or prearranged by the facility. All training is delivered in a respectful and supportive manner using practical demonstrations in oral health care from registered dental practitioners. A Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificate and hard copy resources are available and included for all participants.
Live virtual training: This has been an effective option during recent times and popular for groups of staff who prefer to learn in the convenience of their own home or workplace training room. We welcome staff to interact and engage with the demonstrator during the live streaming. The registered dental practitioner can integrate video and visual demonstrations during this 50-minute virtual training session. At the conclusion a CPD Certificate and downloadable resources are available for all participants to access.
Face-to-face Train-the-Trainer course: This is an excellent option for larger organisations where staff works across multiple facilities. The trained facility oral health champion can confidentially provide oral health care knowledge with colleagues through on-site training sessions, practical demonstrations and distribution of information. A CPD Certificate and hard copy resources are available and included for all participants. In addition, a training toolbox kit is included for each participant.
Online Oral Health Advice and Support: An online web-based platform will provide ongoing oral health advice and support for health workers in the aged, home and disability sectors. Registered dental practitioners will be available to respond to issues in delivering oral health care with teeth, gums and dentures as well as referrals for dental treatment and consultations for oral medicine and pathology.
Oral Health Sessions for Adult Day Care, Respite Centres and Endeavour Foundation: Our trainers can deliver informative and entertaining educational sessions for older persons and for persons with physical and intellectual disabilities. Sessions include healthy eating, essentials of good oral hygiene, importance of regular dental check-ups, and information on accessing local dental services.
- Face-to-face onsite training by 1-2 dental practitioners @ $600 for a 2-hour session (no assessment) and $800 for a 3-hour session with theoretical and practical assessments (maximum 12 staff per session).
- Face-to-face onsite change-of-shift training by 1-2 dental practitioners @ $300 per 30-minute session (maximum 5 staff per session) or $500 for delivery of 2 consecutive sessions
- Live virtual training by 1-2 dental practitioners @ $450 for a 1.5-hour session (maximum 14 staff per session).
- Face-to-face ‘Train-the-Trainer’ course by 1-2 dental practitioners from 10am to 3pm @ $1,500 (maximum 5 staff per session).
- Online Oral Health Advice / Support with a dental practitioner @ $49.95 per consultation.
- Face-to-face Oral Health Sessions with a dental practitioner @ $200 per 50-minute session.